Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bird Flu.... the end is near

I suppose the time has come for me to change my way of life here - Bird Flu has come to Benin... No more butchering birds, no more handling raw eggs (though I would have to find them first - no eggs in Fo-Boure) no more more poking sick birds, and finally, no more playing more playing with bird feces - life will be hard. Yup, bird flu has been discovered in birds in Cotonou and near Porto-Novo, though it has not been found in any humans. Though, if it were to be found in humans, we would all be immediately pulled out of the country and ordered to take the drugs that we already have as a precaution (although, come to think of it, I definitely don't have mine anymore, so good thing I'm living at the med-unit right now.) Anyways, I am not particularly concerned about all this, especially as I am leaving the country in 4 days... and even if I wasn't, I still wouldn't be that concerned...

No comments: